PRP Treatment (Vampire Facials) – Non-Surgical Procedure for a Glowing, Rejuvenated, more Youthful Look
Until recently, patients had to endure invasive surgical procedures and lengthy downtime to treat the signs of aging. Thanks to the innovative PRP treatments, it is now safer, easier, and more convenient to achieve a younger look here at our Santa Monica Med Spa.
PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) or vampire facial treatment is an advanced, non-invasive procedure that uses growth factors in your own blood platelets to stimulate your body’s regenerative process. When injected into your body, the platelet rich plasma increases your body’s production of elastin and collagen. This in turn provides a natural and effective solution for aesthetic concerns, orthopedic repairs, sexual health, and hair rejuvenation.
PRP helps to:
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles to rejuvenate the appearance of aging skin without surgery
- Enhance collagen production for firmer, tighter skin
- Enhance skin tone and moisture to restore a more natural and youthful glow
- Minimize stretch marks, scars, and dark spots
- Improve moisture retention
- Take years off your appearance so you look and feel younger
How PRP treatment works
One of the biggest marvels of the human body is its ability to self-heal. However, the site of injury needs good supply of platelets at the site of injury to optimize recovery.
PRP treatment involves the introduction of blood plasma with a high concentration of platelets to a site. These platelets have growth factors and biologically active (or healing) and signaling proteins.
The growth factors activate cells in the body to prepare for the healing and generation of new blood vessels – capillaries – and collagen in the skin. The bioactive proteins initiate repairs and heal tissue, which in turn stimulates healing, develops fresh blood vessels, and acts as an anti-inflammatory substance and painkiller. The signaling proteins, on the other hand, draw stem cells to the required area to aid in the tissue regeneration.
The introduction of platelets also initiates hemostasis, or blood clotting, and balances the inflammatory response, which is essential during the healing process.
Benefits of PRP
The PRP is very effective for improving collagen formation, connective tissue healing, skin layer rejuvenation, as well as skin tightening, and helps to soften wrinkling or diminished elasticity in the forehead, cheek, eye, chin, neck, chest, or hand regions.
PRP treatment has revolutionized the reversal of skin aging, the recovery time of tendon and joint injuries, and treatment of sexual health issues and hair loss.
- Fast, safe, non-surgical procedure
- Minimal downtime
- Fast results with long-lasting regenerating benefits
- Glowing, rejuvenated, more youthful look
What to expect
PRP treatment is a fairly simple, one-session procedure that takes about 30 minutes depending on the size of the area being treated. The doctor will:
- Collect the PRP by drawing a small amount of blood from your arm
- Put the blood into an FDA cleared device, place it into a centrifuge, and spin it until the platelets isolate from the blood
- Apply numbing gel to the treatment area
- Apply the PRP into areas of concern to initiate regeneration and revitalization
At the end of the procedure, you will experience dramatically smoother, softer skin and a brighter complexion. As the collagen supply rebuilds, the look of wrinkles will reduce, elasticity will improve, and your skin will be better able to retain more natural moisture. The results should last between 9 and 18 months.
Anyone looking for more youthful-looking skin is a good candidate for PRP therapy.
Posted on behalf of Modern Aesthetica
1548 6th St., Suite 102
Santa Monica, CA, 90401
M-F: 10 AM – 7:00 PM
Weekends: By Appointment Only