Modern AestheticaPlatelet Rich Plasma Treatment for Hair Loss
Hair loss is a big issue for both men and women, and the fact that it is genetically inclined can leave most people feeling helpless. The current remedies are not particularly attractive, with prescription drugs being hardly effective and carrying potentially undesirable side effects, and surgery for hair restoration being too expensive for a solution that doesn’t not even address the underlying problem.
As part of our comprehensive services at Modern Aesthetica, we provide our patients with a new, affordable way to improve their hair thickness without undergoing a surgery or exposure to unexpected and dangerous side effects. PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) for treating hair loss involves injecting your platelets of your own into your scalp to restore normal hair growth.
PRP for Hair Restoration
- Decreases hair loss
- Controls the hair growth cycle
- Increases hair thickness
How PRP Helps to Treat Hair Loss
Platelet rich plasma (PRP) is a concentrated blood plasma (blood without the red and white blood cells) that contains a higher concentration of platelets (about five times) than that found in normal blood circulating in your body.
The platelets are responsible for promoting healing and the formation of blood clots at the site of a wound. They contain growth elements that improve cell regeneration. PRP therapy is based on the idea that increasing the platelet count in a wounded area should accelerate the body’s healing capacity in that area. There are no side effects since you use your own blood to accelerate the healing.
Dr. Daniel Moghadam applies the same principle to treat hair loss. If you have healthy hair roots or hair follicles, the growth of your hair will also be healthy. The hair follicles get their nutrition from your blood. So by administering PRP therapy in the affected area, it will augment the body’s natural wound-healing mechanism.
With PRP, the growth factors work together with your stem cells to accelerate the growth of hair follicles and jumpstart the growth stage of otherwise dormant hair. The result is hair thickening and regrowth.
Virtually Painless PRP Therapy Procedure for Hair Loss
- Phase 1:
- We will draw about 60 to 100 ml of your blood from one of your veins and place it in a special repository or container.
- Phase 2:
- The container will then be placed in a centrifuge where it will rotate for about 15 minutes. After this time, the components of your blood will have separated, and the concentrated platelets can be separated from the rest of your blood. The PRP has an abundance of growth factors and stem cells, and is ready for application to your scalp.li
- Phase 3:
- The scalp will be prepared for the PRP process by applying a topical anesthesia. Afterwards, the PRP will be applied strategically into your scalp in areas that need improvement.
- A special needling device causes small injuries to the scalp’s lower layer, moving other healing and regrowth repair cells to become active. The microneedle device contains 192 titanium needles that are injected into the skin and open it up, through which the PRP is injected. This is a virtually painless process.
- Previously, doctors had to manually inject different spots around the scalp area to administer the PRP. With the new microneedle rolling device, it is much easier and faster to administer the PRP accurately, resulting in a less painful procedure for our patients.
- Phase 4:
- Finally, Dr. Moghadam will apply occlusive dressing on the scalp, as well as photodynamic treatment on the addressed area to boost the effects of the PRP. Although the process is painless, some mild discomfort can be expected.
- The procedure takes about 20 minutes, including the PRP preparation work. You should be able to resume your normal activities on the same day, but make sure to protect your scalp from direct sunlight and strong irritation.
Who is the right candidate for PRP treatment for hair loss?
PRP treatments for hair loss have been very successful. They have been proven to thicken thinned out hair, as well as boost new hair growth. Several treatments may be necessary at first, spaced one month apart. Afterwards, maintenance treatments may be necessary 2-4 times per year.
That said, PRP is not supposed to become a general cure for baldness. Basically, if the hair follicles are completely gone, the procedure is unlikely to be of any help.
To find out whether you’re a good candidate for PRP, please contact Modern Aesthetica for proper diagnosis and to create a custom treatment plan.
I’ve felt so good in my own skin ever since I started seeing Dr. Moghadam. His programs are life changing. You have to try it so you could see for yourself! All it took for me was a phone call.
I have been seeing Dr. Moghadam for about 2 years now and he has made a HUGE difference in my life. He will push your body to a high level & you will appreciate it.